Instructions to Add Implants, Abutments and Guided Surgical Kits to Blue Sky Plan
to Add Implants, Abutments and Guided Surgical Kits to Blue Sky Plan
Blue Sky Plan can be used to fabricate surgical guides for all implant systems
and all guided surgical kits.
If you are not yet familiar with Blue Sky Plan, watch this one minute video
HOWEVER, adding your implants, abutments and guided surgical kits to the Blue Sky Plan user will streamline the process flow for your implant users when they are using your implants and guided surgical kits in the Blue Sky Plan software.
By adding the parts to Blue Sky Plan, your users will be able to plan, design and fabricate surgical guides without having to enter any values relating to your parts and kits, and without having to perform any calculations.
Parts can only be added to the Blue Sky Plan software with direct cooperation and approval of the implant company.
In order to add your parts to the Blue Sky Plan software please send:
1) STL files of your implants and abutments.
(Abutments are not required. Implants can be added without abutments.)
Parts should be oriented exactly according to the below images.
Sample, correctly oriented STL files (one implant, one abutment) can be downloaded here.
Angled abutments - The angled part of the abutment should be oriented to the -Y axis
Titanium Base Abutments or Scan Bodies - The flat part or lobe should be oriented to the -Y axis.
The following figures illustrates examples of properly oriented implants and abutments (as shown via blender.org)
2) A completed excel document with the relevant information.
The excel file can be downloaded here.
Instructions can be found in the excel file and in the video below
3) Please see THIS PAGE
with detailed information regarding adding Abutments, Pins, Drill Kits and Scan Bodies to the Blue Sky Plan Software
DO NOT send any confidential information or any information that would require the signing of an NDA. All information that is sent, will be shared in the Blue Sky Plan software with all users. No confidential information is being requested and no confidential information should be sent.
The outer dimensions of the STL files, and their proper orientation and positioning is what is important. Internal connections can be removed, and the resolution / quality of the overall STL file can be reduced.
Blue Sky Bio is a dental implant company actively working on the development of new parts, including implants, abutments and a variety of other dental products. As such, all proprietary information should be removed (from the STL files, and implant information files) from the files being sent to BlueSkyBio, and no confidential information should in any way, be shared with Blue Sky Bio. All information sent to Blue Sky Bio, will be shared with the public at large, via the Blue Sky Plan software.
- PartIDs must be unique, and there should be one part per row. Do not repeat implants / abutments or their part IDs on multiple lines.
- All measurements should be in millimeters but do not enter "mm" after the values.
- Do not offer choices or options for a drill. List the single, shortest drill that can be used with the offset being between 8mm - 10mm.
- Please double check all data and values entered as it will affect treatment planning and surgical guide fabrication.
1) All master metal cylinders for surgical guides that will be listed in the software will be Blue Sky Bio manufactured metal cylinders to ensure that users can easily order master metal cylinders at a reasonable price. See full list of available master metal cylinders.
After the implant manufacturer supplies all details to Blue Sky Bio, Blue Sky Bio will update the 'offset' measurement in the settings as needed to reflect any differences in the master metal cylinder lip height.
2) Once the implant manufacturer supplies all the relevant information to Blue Sky Bio, Blue Sky Bio will make a strong effort to include the parts in the next software public release. This may take a few weeks or a few months depending on Blue Sky Bio's software release schedule.